Sail with shutters
The mast consists of two parts connected by a bushing. The top of the mast is a knock, two blocks and two braces with eyelets are fixed on it. Blocks serve for the routing of a halyard and a stalk. Two staples with eyelets - to secure the side guards and buckstays. In the lower part of the mast there are grooves for fixing the mast during installation in the stapes.
Mast installation: 1). The mast is inserted into the stack, the through-bolt of the stapes falls into the grooves of the spur and the mast is fixed from rotation.
2). When the mast is installed, when it is in the horizontal position, it is carried out the rigs, the staff, the halyard (tackle for lifting the sail) and the guy. With the help of a carbine, the tack angle of the sail is fixed on the staple. Fal is attached to the sail through the eyelet of the corner angle. The second end, passing through the block on the mast's leg, is fixed on the duck, mounted on the stap. The front sail of the sail is hinged with a weaker to the mast through special eyelets.
3). Lifting of the mast. The mast is placed in a vertical position with the help of a stalk. The running rigging is stretched (stags, buckets, guys).
Two ends of the staff are fixed on the nose handles of the cylinders, and the third, passed through the block, is attached to the second duck on the mast's mast.
Bakshtagi, attached to the carabiners to the eyelets to the mast's leg, are attached to the stern of the cylinders.
The sail angle of the sail with a carabiner is fixed to the nose of the boom, to the bracket with the eyelet. On the nose of the boom there are two braces with eyelets, one bracket for the second angle of the cut-off - for the sheets.
A shkot, a tackle for steering the sail, is attached to the second bracket on the boom, and is passed through the block in the catamaran's polycycle near the helmsman.
SEEEPS - is a device for installing a mast spur on a catamaran. The stapes is mounted on a frame (bulkhead) and enables the mast to be raised and lowered by means of a swivel joint.
Installing a Stap
1). The stapes are installed on the first frame (bulkhead). To the middle of the frame is attached a staple with fixed hinges, drilled four through holes d = 5mm. The drilling location is determined by the holes in the hinges. Through the through bolts m5 the stapes is fixed on the front frame.
2). Below the fixed structure, the fingerboard is installed, the support for the stapes and mast. Pärtners additionally provides vertical and lateral stability of the mast. For installation, two holes in the frame are drilled and secured with through bolts.
The articulation of the stapes and the frame allows the mast to be driven, if necessary, to the horizontal position.
SHVERT Shvort - retractable fin, preventing the catamaran from drifting under the wind. (See Figure 1). Shvert is necessary for the movement of the catamaran with the lateral (galvind) and the counter winding (beidewind). For placement of this device on the catamaran, a pitot tube is installed, and on it are fastened two shelters.
Installation of the drill pipe. Shield tube is installed close to the front frame, after the installation of the stapes. The pipe is fixed with two clamps using through bolts. The upper clamp bolt, at the same time, fastens the duck, on the other side of the frame. Ducks serve to fasten the side of the mast. Ducks are installed parallel to the upper edge of the frame.
The dowels are hung on the projecting part of the pipe and fixed with a special bracket and bolt. With the help of the dumbbells (tackle for lifting the dock), the dockers are raised to the upper position and fixed. On the frame in front of the helmsman there are two grooves, working as a stopper for the shwerttals. Shvorts drop after launching. In Figure 1, the dowels are omitted.
While developing the Bothouse sailing weapon, four main tasks were set:
1) sailing armament should be "popular" - that is, very affordable;
2) sailing arms should be suitable for any Boathouse model;
3) sailing armament should be as simple and effective as possible - so that a person who never sailed could start from the first time, without special skills, from point A, and return to point A, only under one sail;
4) sailing arms should be absolutely safe. All the tasks were successfully accomplished. Five variants of sailing armament are developed. In this case, the height of the mast can be 3m, 3,5m, 4m, 4,5m and 5m. Five meters is the maximum height for such a simple and inexpensive design.
1) The simplest version of sailing weapons - with a mast, a staysail, a steering oar and rigging, costs $ 266. And the most complete version of sailing armament - with a five-meter mast, a drill pipe with drills and stapes, with a boom, a grotto, a staysail, a steering and rigging - $ 944! In other words - this "perpetual" engine, delivering a lot of fun, is very affordable.
2) Any of the types of sailing weapons Bothaus fits the whole Boathouse range, starting from kayaks STREAM, and ending with the large catamarans TRAVEL-MAX. Moreover, by selecting the boat model you are interested in, you can go into the 3D view and see how your boat will look with the sail. And also, what additional equipment can be installed on it.
3) At the final stage of the tests, people were selected who had no experience of sailing. And from the first time, at a wind speed of only 3 - 4 m / s, they started from the beach, and returned back under one sail alone. Very simple control and effective operation of the sail and dock, allow you to go even against the wind at an acute angle. Therefore, even for beginners it was not difficult for the rudder to choose the direction of movement and keep the sail in tension.
4) The main element of sailing armament, which is dangerous, is a boom. On sailing armament, the two-meter booth is made of a light aluminum pipe, which is located at a height of 1m on the deck. That is, the boom is thrown over the heads of people sitting in front.
But the main thing - this is the pleasure that you get when moving from the wind energy. And still important is the economic aspect - you travel and rest, without spending money on gasoline. A trifle, but nice.
"Having BOATHOUSE - you live with pleasure".
|Sailing arms 3 m mast with a grotto, boom, jib|
|Product Code:||Парусное вооружение 3 м грот гик стаксел шверты|
|12 mm marine plywood dowel with fastening|
|12 mm marine plywood dowel with fastening||2|
|Aluminum boom, 2m|
|Aluminum boom, 2m||1|
|Boom length, m:|
|Boom length, m:||2|
|Drill pipe with mounts|
|Drill pipe with mounts||1|
|Fiberglass mast 3 m|
|Fiberglass mast 3 m||1|
|Height from deck to boom, m.:|
|Height from deck to boom, m.:||1|
|Installation on all BOTHOUS models, length|
|Installation on all BOTHOUS models, length||3,6|
|Mast height, m.:|
|Mast height, m .:||3|
|Oarlock steering transom mount|
|Oarlock steering transom mount||1|
|Rigging - kit||1|
|Steps with fasteners and folding mechanism|
|Steps with fasteners and folding mechanism||1|
|Weight of aluminum frame|
|Weight of sailing weapons, kg||11|
The basic complete set of sailing arms BOTHAUS 1. Shield pipe with fixings - 1. 2. Shaft made of marine plywood 12 mm with fastening - 2. 3. Steps - 1. 4. Fiberglass mast 3m - 1. 5. Geek aluminum 2m - 1. 6. Main sail - 1. 7. Staysail - 1. 8. Rigging - the set - 1. 9. Duck plastic - 2. 10. Steering oar on the oarlock with fastening on the transom - 1. Additional equipment - steering instead of the steering oar - $ 100.